Monday, December 12, 2011

Dream Theater: On the Backs of Angels

Well, they've moved on without Mike Portnoy. I for one think this was a necessary decision. Why would you let ONE guy stop your GROUP from making music? This move also showed that obviously Portnoy had little to do with song writing other than drums and backing vocals, because they still sound like the good old Dream Theater that I know and love. Don't get me wrong I love Mike Portnoy, but c'mon man, leave Dream Theater to join Avenged Sevenfold? Not that there's anything wrong with Avenged, but its a whole different design of Music. Although he claims it had nothing to do with his decision to leave, I think he thought he could collect from the cash cow that Avenged was becoming and get a little more public exposure as well. And now, hes stuck with his tribute bands.... That's all I have to say. Here's some NEW Dream Theater.

No comments:

Post a Comment