Monday, September 30, 2013

2013 WR250R Mods.

 I ordered this nice anodized smog pump blockoff from simonsayshello on ebay. I also removed my airbox flap actuator and double sided taped the flap down. I got on srmoto.com and made sure to order the Flatlands Racing skid plate and radiator guard combo. Then I ordered the fmf Power Commander. Initially, I liked the sound of the PC4. It was louder than my yz250f (which is extremely loud). Since I leave early in the morning I figured even though my neighbours hate me, I would try to be considerate and so I ordered the Q4 insert directly from fmfracing.com. While I was on the site I ordered white mashers. Now when I let it warm up in the morning it doesn't sound like a semi auto shotgun going off.



When the skid shield arrived I immediately had it powdercoated. I had heard a lot of people complaining about noise that the aluminium amplifies, so I used a heavy layer of 3m rocker panel coating, and then some flex seal on top. I have no additional noise.





The frame protectors and swingarm covers are from shedworks.net/. They fit very well and are of very high quality. I secured them with 3m double sided tape and two zipties. Love the way they look.
The moose fender bags are from bikebandit.com. I really like the way they fit. The headlight is tinted with lamin-x.com. It also protects the glass.

The last project that I have finished is the trackside heated grips. They are installed and work well. They get VERY hot.

My new cabinets in my garage for all my chemicals.

No comments:

Post a Comment