Thursday, June 2, 2016

Another Drum Rack is underway.

Nothing against Gibraltar hardware, or any other company. As a matter of fact I'm using Gibraltar clamps, but I've noticed the tubing wall thickness on the racks is quite thin. I know, they're made for easy mobility, but I'm not mobile. I have a basement studio, and my drums never move. My setup changes a bit, but the foundation doesn't. The previous rack I made is so sturdy that you could run into it and it ain't moving. So in my drum booth I have a lot of stands. They get in the way, they move, and the chrome gets dirty. So I've produced a semi octagon, with 4 legs. The tubing is .055" wall. The design is simple and meant to take the place of my stands, nothing more. It's all getting finished in a silver vein Powdercoat. 

Here's the before shot.






Some would say the welded "t" legs are a disadvantage, but they are solid. There is no chance of the leg getting wobbly. Each leg is 3' total. Designed to clear my bass drum by just a bit. More pics to follow....

Here it is partially assembled.



And the finished product: 





And now I added my timbales.













No comments:

Post a Comment